Alaina Altis — a prosecutor with the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office since 1999 — says she was born to seek justice for victims.
But the job is taxing. The volume of cases is heavy, and the work takes a heavy personal toll. She and many of her colleagues have to delve into the details of heinous crimes — such as child pornography, murder and other acts of violence — on a daily basis.
- Worker disappears after he was accidentally paid more than 300 times his salary
- Midland City Council approves salary increases for city manager, attorney
- Brenna Bird, candidate for Iowa attorney general, says she would hire more prosecutors
- City manager, city attorney to get pay raises following annual evaluations
- County approves employee salaries | News